Southern BBQ Pig Wood Sign
Southern BBQ Pig Wood Sign
Based upon one of the iconic staples of the South, this BBQ pig sign is a perfect gift for a Southern Kitchen or Grilling area. From North Carolina Pork to Texas Beef and whether you prefer your sauce based in vinegar, mustard or molasses, barbecue has forever been associated with life in the South.
No one is really sure where the term barbecue originated. The conventional wisdom is that the Spanish, upon landing in the Caribbean, used the wordbarbacoa to refer to the natives’ method of slow-cooking meat over a wooden platform. By the 19th century, the culinary technique was well established in the American South, and because pigs were prevalent in the region, pork became the primary meat at barbecues. Corn bread emerged as the side dish of choice, owing largely to the fact that in humid Southern climates, corn grew better than wheat. Barbecue did not require choice cuts of meat and allowed an abundance of food to be cooked at once and quickly became the go-to menu item for large gatherings like church festivals and neighborhood picnics.
Barbecue varies by region, with the four main styles named after their place of origin: Memphis, Tenn.; North Carolina; Kansas City; and Texas. Memphis is renowned for pulled pork-shoulder doused in sweet tomato-based sauce (eaten on its own or as a sandwich). North Carolina smokes the whole hog in a vinegar-based sauce. Kansas City natives prefers ribs cooked in a dry rub, and Texans … well, Texans love their beef. Eastern Texas’ relative proximity to Tennessee puts it in the pulled-pork camp, but in the western segment of the Lone Star State, you’re likely to find mesquite-grilled “cowboy-style” brisket. Locals defend their region’s cooking style with the sort of fierce loyalty usually reserved for die-hard sports fans.
Our vintage style whimsical Southern BBQ Pig Reclaimed Wood Sign celebrates the rich history of BBQ in this country and is inspired by the amazing vintage BBQ pig signs that can be found at barbecue eateries throughout the South.
This two sided White-Washed wooden BBQ Pig sign calls out to the smokers and grillers of the world who consider themselves to be masters of the grill. The reclaimed wooden BBQ pig sign features a metal bracket and is easily mounted in any convenient location.
Go ahead, get a BBQ Pig sign for your home and add that missing Southern Farmhouse touch to your kitchen, breakfast area or dining room, spreading that Southern love throughout your home.
- BBQ Pig Reclaimed Wood Sign
- BBQ Pig Sign Dimensions: 20” x 16” x 1/2”
- Hanging supplies included w/ each BBQ Pig Sign
- Double Sided, White Washed Reclaimed Wood
- New Arrivals
- Unique Gifts
- Gifts By Recipient
- Gifts By Occasion
- Gifts By Interest
- Gifts By Price
- Reclaimed Whiskey Barrel Wrist Watch
- Best Sellers
- Just In
- Bourbon & Boots Southern Lifestyle Brand: New Unique Gifts
- For The Home
- Southern Inspired Decor
- Signs, Wall Art & Picture Frames
- Authentic Oversized Cowhide Rug
- Things You'll Find In Any Southern Home
- Bourbon & Boots Southern Lifestyle Brand: For the Home
- Kitchen & Barware
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles
- Whiskey Lover Personalized Whiskey Glass Set
- Bourbon & Boots Southern Lifestyle Brand: Southern Kitchen
- Home Distillation w/ Copper Whiskey Still Kit
- Handcrafted Pens
- Handmade Bolt Action Steampunk Wooden Pens
- Bourbon & Boots Southern Lifestyle Brand: Unique Handcrafted Pens
- Who are you celebrating?
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarf
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag