MXJO 18650 2500mAh 20A
The MXJO 18650 batteries are kings when it comes to performing at extreme temperatures, unlike many other batteries you’ll find on the market. At temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit or that shoot up to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, rest assured that your devices will continue to run.
These 18650 batteries have a very long charge time, similar to many high drain batteries. Buying these batteries from MXJO is no problem, but you should know that you will need lots of time to get them charged. That’s the only way to ensure that your device stays on for very long.
They can run nonstop at 20A with a high discharge current able to reach 35A at maximum. But this triggers faster battery drainage. If you want to enjoy using these batteries, make sure you charge them fully so that you benefit from their maximum performance.
- High discharge current
- Great performance even at extreme temperatures
- Battery life isn’t that long
- Needs a longer charge time
EBL 18650 Battery 3.7V 3000mAh
EBL put in the work needed to ensure that their 18650 batteries can last long. This is not to say that they are more or less powerful than the other brands discussed above. But when you buy these batteries, you have a guarantee of long battery life. It’s rare to notice a drop in battery life after over 100 charges.
But you need to handle them with care if you decide to purchase them. Running the EBL batteries for too long or rough handling them can hurt them. Using them for too long, also, can cause them to overheat. But it is worth noting that they come with a carrying case which should solve the problem of how to store them when not in use. This is necessary because we noticed that the batteries have a thinner outer casing when compared to some other top brands.
- Long battery life
- Retains its power capacity
- Comes with a carrying case for storage
- Tends to overheat fast
- High damage risk
Beware of Fake 18650 Batteries!
Fake products are everywhere and this is one of the biggest problems in e-commerce. Vendors from different parts of the world purchase cheap cells and go on to rebrand them. They hope to deceive you into thinking the batteries are original. That’s why you find lots of fakes on platforms like Amazon and eBay, and you need to be careful.
Buying these fake batteries are not only a waste of money but also present significant safety risks. If you have a high powered device and buy a battery that you believe has the right CDR, you might end up with a damaged device. What’s even worse is that you could sustain injuries.
When examining a battery to ascertain whether its original or not, check its weight. Before buying, find the branded battery’s weight and cross-reference it with the specifications provided by the manufacturer. It would also make sense to check the battery on delivery. Your goal here is to ensure that what you have matches the specifications of the manufacturer. Any discrepancies are proof that the batteries are fake.
How To Care For Your 18650 Battery
Lithium-ion batteries need careful handling and storage. Adhering to the safety precautions is necessary and here are some useful suggestions to help you get the best out of your 18650 battery –
- Keep the batteries within the 3.0-4.0V range to get the most out of it. This will require some effort on your part since a lot of batteries can go as low as 2.5V before they need recharging. These batteries can also reach up to 4.2V on a full charge. The point is that you should take care not to push the batteries to their extremes.
- Take care not to run your batteries hot as this will cause them to age prematurely
- Get a charging device for your batteries that switches off automatically on a full charge. We also advise that you take them out of the charger so that you don’t risk topping off your batteries due to continuous charging. This should keep them at maximum capacity for a long.
- You will find chargers that can charge at 4V or 6V. There are upsides to this, but take note that this could speed up the degradation process because higher charging speeds cause battery cell stress. Find chargers that fall within the 0.1-3A range.
You’re Now Equipped To Buy The Best 18650 Battery
Your aim should be to buy from a seller with a good reputation. You also want to find a battery with the right specs for your device. That way, you guarantee your safety and ensure that your batteries will serve you for long. If your battery starts to show unusual signs, we advise that you stop using them at once. You don’t want to put yourself or your device at risk over a couple of bucks, do you?
This buying guide to the best 18650 battery contains all the information that you need to make the right decision. The five 18650 batteries reviewed earlier are great selections, and you can choose any that suits your preferences.
|4 Pack of Authentic VTC5, 2600mAh 3.7V 30A, Flat Top, 18650-Battery, for Flashlight||Prime||Check Lowest Price|
|4 Pack of Authentic 25R, 2500mAh 3.7V 20A, Flat Top, 18650-Battery, for Flashlight||Prime||Check Lowest Price|
|4 MXJO 2500mAh, 3.7V 20A, Flat Top,18650-Battery with Protective case, for Flashlight(New Version)||Prime||Check Lowest Price|
|EBL 2 Pack 18500 Lithium-ion Rechargeable Batteries with EBL Li-ion Universal Battery Charger||Prime||Check Lowest Price|