4 Ways To Wear An Oversized Blanket Scarf Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
The modern-day scarf— that long, rectangular contrivance — is not as versatile as you might think. It can really only do one thing: Wrap.
And like many mass-produced things, it has popularity, but it doesn’t have much range.
A better, more old-school idea is an oversized blanket scarf that can be folded and tied into many beautiful variations. But we realize the versatility of a blanket scarf is also its downfall — the options are endless, so where the heck do you start?
We’re here to help with four ways to turn your multi-talented blanket scarf into something that perfectly complements your outfit. Oh yes, and keeps you warm, too.
- Hold the fabric by the corners and fold into a loose triangle.
- Wrap around your neck, letting the point of the triangle serve as a centerpiece.
- Tuck in the edges. Adjust front of scarf to lay flat.
Best worn with: The oversized white button-up shirt or a simple tee.
- Start with a loose triangle fold.
- Center the shawl on the back of your neck then wrap forward over your shoulders.
- Hold the edges firmly with one hand, while you slide a thin belt behind you and buckle the scarf into place.
Best worn with: A simple dress or a long top with skinny jeans or leggings.
- Loosely roll the scarf up into one long piece.
- Pop your collar and tuck the scarf underneath.
- Let it hang low and add long lines to your ensemble.
Best worn with: A collared jacket that falls at the waist or a long peacoat.
- Loosely roll the scarf lengthwise.
- Center it behind your neck, then loosely wrap around once.
- Bring the ends around to the front of your neck and secure them in a loose knot.
Best worn with: Something dressy-casual like a shirtdress or a skirt and top.
By Melissa Tucker
Melissa Tucker was born in Louisiana, lives in Arkansas and has iced tea with every single meal. She's a writer, mom, roller derby girl, and she's probably wearing boots and an oversized blanket scarf at this exact moment.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00