Plaid Scarf Owners: 4 Ways To Wear An Oversized Plaid Scarf Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
The modern-day plaid blanket scarf— that long, rectangular contrivance — is not as versatile as you might think. It can really only do one thing: Wrap.
And like many mass-produced things, it has popularity, but it doesn’t have much range.
A better, more old-school idea is an oversized plaid scarf that can be folded and tied into many beautiful variations. But we realize the versatility of a plaid scarf is also its downfall — the options are endless, so where the heck do you start?
We’re here to help with four ways to turn your multi-talented plaid scarf into something that perfectly complements your outfit. Oh yes, and keeps you warm, too.
- Hold the fabric by the corners and fold into a loose triangle.
- Wrap around your neck, letting the point of the triangle serve as a centerpiece.
- Tuck in the edges of the plaid scarf. Adjust front of the oversized scarf to lay flat.
Best worn with: The oversized white button-up shirt or a simple tee.
- Start with a loose triangle fold.
- Center the shawl on the back of your neck then wrap forward over your shoulders.
- Hold the edges firmly with one hand, while you slide a thin belt behind you and buckle the plaid scarf into place.
Best worn with: A simple dress or a long top with skinny jeans or leggings.
- Loosely roll the scarf up into one long piece.
- Pop your collar and tuck the scarf underneath.
- Let it hang low and add long lines to your ensemble.
Best worn with: A collared jacket that falls at the waist or a long peacoat.
- Loosely roll the scarf lengthwise.
- Center it behind your neck, then loosely wrap around once.
- Bring the ends around to the front of your neck and secure them in a loose knot.
Best worn with: Something dressy-casual like a shirtdress or a skirt and top.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 19.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 149.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00