How to Be A Southern Gentleman
How to Be A Southern Gentleman Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 8 Comments
Listen up, boys. In today’s society, many niceties have been stripped away. But down here in the South, we Southern women still have high expectations. So, if you want to be the perfect Southern Gentleman and impress us, here are some pointers to not only be a Southern Gentleman below the Mason-Dixon, but also if you happen to find yourself above it.
• Always open the door for a lady of any age.
• Insert “Yes, M’am” or “Yes, Sir” in the place of “Yes, yeah, okay, uh-huh, sure,” etc.
• Take off your hat when coming indoors. This includes ballcaps.
• When getting in a car, open the door for the lady first.
• When in church, at a meal, or in a group, continue standing until the women with you have sat first.
• Wait to eat until all of the plates have been set on the table, and the ladies have taken the first bite.
• Don’t ask a lady her age. Ever.
• Say grace before every meal. No exceptions.
Got any more pointers for how to be a Southern Gentleman? Let us know.
Bourbon & Boots is a southern lifestyle brand, integrating artisan inspired and maker quality craftsmanship into rare, unique, unusual personalized gifts for the person that has everything. Come visit us if you are looking for vintage gifts or seeking cool gift ideas.
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses (Set of 2) $ 34.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon & Whiskey Bottle Liquid Desk Lamp $ 139.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffel Bag $ 269.00
- Bourbon Barrel Wooden Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Bourbon Barrel Polarized Wooden Sunglasses $ 159.00
- Handcrafted Stylish Leather Messenger Bag $ 169.00