Women are not the only ones who fake orgasms. It is not uncommon for men to bluff in the bedroom as well. According to a study conducted by researchers at the University of Kansas, twenty-five percent of men surveyed were found to have faked an orgasm.
Why do men do it, though? In the very same study, the primary reason was to avoid making their sexual partners feel hurt. Other common reasons, which aligned with what women said when surveyed, included stress, alcohol, exhaustion, and performance anxiety.
In case you want to learn more, the article below provides a detailed explanation of the reasons why men fake climaxes and why it is a problem. Aside from that, we’ll go through some ways to solve the problem, as you can, for example, follow a better diet, see a therapist, or buy sex dolls from sites like The Adult Toy Shop to spice up your sex life.
Why Would a Man Fake Orgasms?
- To deal with a delayed orgasm. According to scientific data, an average man takes about five minutes from penile penetration to ejaculation. If a man thinks that he is taking too long, he may decide to fake his climax to end the sexual act.
To preserve his pride. It is not uncommon for men to be unable to come or lose an erection during sex. It might be caused by exhaustion or stress, among other things. In such a scenario, it might be easier for the man to fake it than explain why an orgasm did not occur.
To hide premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation is a common sexual dysfunction in men, the worldwide prevalence of which is thought to be around thirty percent. Men might choose to pretend to have an orgasm in order to hide it.
- To please his partner. If his partner’s sexual techniques are lacking, a man might pretend to come to avoid making them sad or disappointed. He might also be worried that they are feeling tired or sore due to the length of intercourse.
To abide by the rules. Quite a few couples appear to have a very specific idea about how sexual intercourse is meant to play out. As a result, a man might feel like an orgasm is the “correct” way for sex to end. If it does not come naturally, he fakes it.
- To get out of the situation. Sometimes, a man might end up agreeing to sex for the sake of his partner, in spite of not being into it much. Faking an orgasm is an easy way to make it quick and resolve the situation.
Why Is It a Problem?
If you fake a climax from time to time, it is not a big deal. However, if it is happening regularly, it can result in serious problems. To begin with, it can cause a disconnect between one’s perception and bodily sensations. As a consequence, you might find it harder to achieve a real orgasm.
Aside from that, your partner is likely to sense that you are faking it. If that is indeed the case, they might start feeling like they cannot trust you. Remember, they want to make you feel good. They do not want to wonder whether you are pretending or not.
How Can You Stop Faking It?
- Talk to a medical professional. Things like a delayed orgasm, difficulty maintaining an erection, and premature ejaculation can be caused by a number of health problems. If reaching an orgasm is more difficult for you than you would like it to be, consider asking a medical professional for help.
Talk to a therapist. It might be that you are faking orgasms due to some unresolved emotional issues. To address them, you should talk to a sex therapist or a couples therapist. They should be able to help you understand what the cause of the problem is.
It is an excellent opportunity to discover what stimulates you most. Later on, you could share this with your partner.
Cut back on things like illicit drugs and alcohol. Substance abuse can affect your ability to come. Limiting your consumption of drugs and alcohol should improve your sexual performance.
Work on communication. If their sexual techniques are lacking, you could start giving your partner tips on how they could improve. Obviously, you should not be crass while doing so. Instead, be empathetic and enthusiastic about it.
- Be open about what gets you going. If you want to try something in the bedroom, do not be afraid to talk about it. Your partner cannot read your mind. If you do not tell them what gets you going, they might not be able to figure it out on their own.
To sum up, faking climaxes is a problem that many men and women are dealing with. The reasons may vary, but most often, men do it in a bid to avoid making their sexual partners feel bad. Other common reasons might include premature ejaculation and performance anxiety.
While it might seem like a minor problem, it could affect your sexual relationship. If you are caught faking it, your partner might start feeling like they cannot trust you anymore. On top of that, it can interfere with your ability to achieve a real orgasm.
So, if you are faking climaxes on a regular basis, consider talking to a medical professional or a therapist. You might also want to cut back on things like alcohol, as well as work on communication within your relationship. By doing so, you should be able to make sex much more enjoyable for both yourself and your partner.