Best Waterproof Camera Backpacks to Buy in 2020
This review of the best camera backpacks with waterproofing is based on hundreds of user reviews as well as expert evaluation against several factors. It has all kinds of bags at different price points to help you land the perfect choice.
1.LoweproProTactic BP 350AW II
The Lowepro 350AW is the most high-end, deluxe quality camera backpack on this list. It is a favorite with most professionals thanks to its MaxFit partitioning system, modular accessory cases, 4-way easy access, and smart weight distribution.
- Size – 12.13 x 9.06 x 16.93 in
- Weight – 4.40 lbs/2 kg
- Laptop size compartment: 13”
- Max number of accessories: 8 lenses/Speedlites.
- Interior dividers – MaxFit adjustable padded dividers
The bag has adjustable Velcro interior dividers so that you can move them around to fit any type of equipment. You can easily carry a drone or two professional DSLRs, with up to 24-70mm f/2.8 lenses attached.
The system is called MaxFit and is pending patenting for its economical use of space. These dividers are also well padded so that your camera and its components are protected from mechanical shock.
The ProTactic 350AW has a laptop compartment that fits a 13′ laptop. If you like to carry a laptop or tablet with you when you travel, you will love its protection courtesy of a CradleFit strap suspension system. There is also a larger ProTactic 450AW that can fit a 15′ laptop.
The exterior material is tactical nylon, which is highly resistant to water and dust. However, for extreme weather conditions, the bag also comes with an all-weather cover that protects everything inside from the harshest elements. It will keep all electronics inside from rain, dust, cold, and humidity.
Unlimited Setup Options
Unlike many other bags, the LowePro 350 AW has a Slip lock-compatible strap system that allows you to carry monopods or tripods with cinch straps. You can also bring along a water bottle, flask, or other larger accessories.
This bag comes standard with five modular accessory cases. A bottle pouch, tripod cup, two cinch straps are some of them. Additionally, two zippered hip pockets give you enough space for quick-grab equipment.
ActivZone Harness System
The bag comes with a ventilated and weight-distributed ActivZone harness system and a removable weight strap. These all work together to distribute the weight ergonomically for long carrying sessions. The entire back and straps are ventilated for better air circulation to prevent sweating.
- Premium quality material makes it highly durable.
- Very comfortable thanks to weight distribution and padding.
- Adjustable Velcro interior partitioning makes it highly versatile.
- Lots of straps to carry additional gear
- 4-way easy access system from the sides, top, and back.
- Secure, allowing only the carrier to have easy access to the zippers.
- It is quite heavy
- The straps are not padded
- The interior needs constant configuring, which stretches the dividers
This is a costly but high-quality bag with Lowepros’s distinct mark of reliability. However, if you have lots of equipment, just go with the slightly larger ProTactic 450AW model.
2. Beschoi DSLR Waterproof Camera Backpack
The Beschoi DSLR waterproof backpack is one of the most popular models on Amazon. It is very affordable, gives excellent value for money, and is designed very practically.
The pack comes in three sizes: small, large, and extra-large to suit various tastes. The largest measures 16.54″ x 10.24″ x 9.06″ on the inside and weighs a meager 2.07 lbs, 0.9 kg, which is very light for a camera bag.
- Weight: Max 2.37 lbs/1.07 kg depending on the model.
- Size: Exterior 17.3 “ x 11” x 5.5” for the large version.
- Material: Water-repellent nylon.
- Dividers: Adjustable with Velcro straps
- Capacity: 1-2 DSLR cameras, 4-6 lenses, flash Speedlite.
- Laptop carrier: Up to 13.3” size
The internal dividers can be adjusted in various ways to make space for your camera equipment or personal stuff. They have Velcro straps so that adjustment is easy, and they are also padded to protect your delicate glass and camera.
The bag can hold 1 or 2 full-size DSLRs, 4-6 lenses, a flash Speedlite, or even a drone depending on your organization.
This Beschoi backpack relies on its water repellent exterior cover to protect the sensitive equipment inside. It will be safe from the rain, splashes, snow, and even dust.
This nylon material is also very durable and tough. However, in extreme weather, it might be a good idea to add further protection using an AW cover. That is because the zips do not offer enough water resistance.
Cameras face some of the biggest security challenges. This backpack has anti-theft zippers with luggage lock mechanisms so that you can keep your equipment safe when in transit.
Honeyboard Strap Design
The bag has a padded honey board design to make carrying this bag easier and more comfortable. It is also ventilated with a sort of mesh material cover that makes it easier for air to pass through and prevent sweating.
The straps offer optimum weight distribution between the shoulder blades and the detachable waist strap.
This bag is indeed a carry-all backpack, with space for a 13” laptop compartment with slip straps. That means it keeps your device suspended to protect it from mechanical shock.
Interior and Exterior Pockets
It is fitted with numerous pockets to hold all your stuff. Internal padded pockets can hold batteries, chargers, SD cards, money, cards, and even some clothing items.
External pockets hold water bottles and flasks, lens filters, cleaning kits, among others. An attachment strap on the outside can also carry a tripod or monopod so long as it doesn’t exceed 21.65″ after folding.
- High quality ballistic nylon material is waterproof and robust.
- Adjustable padded internal dividers to organize your stuff.
- Padded and ventilated honeycomb mesh straps for comfort
- Side attachment pod and strap for carrying a tripod
- Anti-theft security lock available.
- It is a bit too small for large equipment and big laptops.
- Poor quality stitching, in some instances, may cause quality problems.
This Beschoi camera backpack is an overall great value for the price you pay. It protects your camera and accessories and is very handy and comfortable for both urban and rural use.