3. AmazonBasics DSLR Camera and Laptop Backpack
The first thing you notice about this bag is that it is deceptively huge. Its small profile belies lots of interior space, considering it can hold a 17″ laptop with ease. Add two full-size SLRs, 3-4 lenses, a few more accessories, and you can understand why this bag is one of the best-rated on Amazon.
- Internal dimensions: 12.6” x 7.8” x 16.5”
- External dimensions: 13.4” x 8.8” x 17.7”
- Weight: 3.09 pounds/1.4 kg.
- Laptop compartment: 17”
- External material: Black polyester and nylon
- Optimum capacity: 2 SLR cameras, 3-4 lenses
Adjustable Foam Dividers and Canvas Straps
The bag’s interior is divided with orange foam dividers to hold all your equipment in place. They can be adjusted in different positions to allow for better organization.
You can pack 3-4 lenses in them depending on their size, as well as Speedlights, and two full-size SLRs. If you want to carry a drone or use it as a day bag, just remove them altogether.
Side straps on the back are available for carrying large and bulky accessories such as tripods. You can also bring a water bottle or flask in the elastic side pockets.
Internal Compartments and Pockets
Apart from the main space, the bag also has other pockets and compartments to hold your other stuff. Two clear plastic zippered compartments allow you to store small accessories such as SD cards, money, credit and debit cards, flash drives, and batteries.
A larger compartment holds laptops of all sizes up to 17”, with secure canvas straps to hold it in place. Canvas straps are also available in the main compartment to hold your camera and larger accessories in place.
The bag is made of tough polyester and nylon material. It offers some basic protection against the elements. However, in harsh weather, you can use the added waterproof cover material to make sure that your costly equipment is safe.
The bag also comes with heavily padded shoulder straps with a breathable mesh exterior. With all the stuff you can fit into it, you need the padding to distribute the weight over your shoulder blades.
It also has a waist strap for additional comfort, but this strap is not padded. All straps are adjustable to suit different people.
- It is a very sturdy bag.
- The included AW waterproof cover gives maximum protection against the elements.
- Very spacious and can hold a 17” laptop.
- Padded straps are quite comfortable.
- The exterior is easy to clean with just a gentle wipe.
- The material and stitching are not likely to last long with heavy use.
- It may be a tad too large to fly with as carry-on luggage.
This AmazonBasics DSLR backpack is the best entry-level backpack you can get for an unbeatable price. While it can hold and carry a lot of stuff, it is not likely to hold out for long if you move around frequently.Check Lowest Price
4. Thule Aspect DSLR Backpack
Thule is a Swedish company that majors in producing automotive parts, but it has also branched out into making high-quality photo bags. It is very sturdy, heavily padded, and bears a sleek, understated look that you’re bound to love.
- Dimensions: 11.8” x 8.7” x 20.5”
- Weight: 3.17 pounds/1.43 kg.
- External material: heavy-duty nylon with waterproof coating
- Laptop compartment: 15.6”
- Optimum capacity: Full-size DSLR camera, small drone (e.g., Mavic Pro), with accessories
Thule uses an extremely tough and durable nylon material to craft the exterior of this bag. It is covered with a waterproof coating to protect your electronics and other sensitive equipment inside.
The exterior is minimally designed and remains unbroken except for zippered side pockets and an unfastened tripod/water bottle pocket. It also has a small zippered pouch on the front.
Customizable Padded Interior
Unlike many bags, the Thule Aspect has different pockets for the camera, which are accessible from the side. The main compartment is reserved for your personal belongings.
The interior is heavily padded with foam dividers to protect your camera, but you can also remove them to turn it into one large carrier compartment.
Shoulder And Hip Straps
With comfort ever in mind, this bag has padded Air Mesh shoulder straps to improve air circulation. It also has removable hip and chest straps for maximum comfort and weight distribution. An air mesh back panel prevents sweating by improving air circulation.
Hip Pockets, Laptop and Tablet Compartment
The hip straps also come with small pockets when you can store snacks and quick-retrieve accessories. More importantly, a 15.6” laptop compartment with an added 10” tablet pocket is available and accessible from the side.
While it is separate from the main compartment, it lacks suspender straps, which means the laptop is always in contact with the bottom. The backpack can also carry a drone up to 260 mm x 240 mm x 130 mm in size.
- Heavy-duty, waterproof, and very durable nylon material.
- Sleek and stylish design.
- Compartmentalized interior for better organization.
- Superior comfort and ergonomics thanks to the sternum and hip straps.
- Airmesh back panel and shoulder straps reduce sweating.
- Easy-access side pocket for your camera.
- Laptop and tablet compartment.
- The laptop compartment lacks straps for suspension.
- The zippers are not waterproof, and it doesn’t a rain cover included
Swedish quality meets affordability in this Thule Aspect bag. With first-class materials and superior craftsmanship, it will serve you well for years to come.Check Lowest Price