The Best Gun Safes for a Nightstand
1. Rottner 3139 Saturn LE-25 Safe – A durable safe that you can hide in a nightstand or cupboard
It is also important to mention the fact that the safe has a fireproof seal that will protect the contents from small and medium fires. Furthermore, the model features a double-bit safety lock and two large locking bolts that cannot be opened without the key or specialized equipment.
- Spacious – The safe can be used for both weapons as well as cash and jewelry, making it universally useful;
- Predrilled mounting holes – The model comes with predrilled mounting holes that can be used to mount it to a wall or to attach it to wooden furniture;
- Fire seal – The safe can protect your belongings from small and medium fires;
- Durable mechanical lock – The double-bit lock and locking bolts is impossible to break open without the use of power tools;
- Large – The safe offers an internal space of 345 x 245 x 230 mm, which is more than enough for a small firearm, an extra magazine, and a box of jewelry that you want to keep safe;
- Easy to open – There are no levers or keypads, just put the key in the lock and turn it to open the safe, making it great if you’re in a hurry;
- Comes with fixing kit – The package comes with everything that you need to install the safe on a wall on in a nightstand or cupboard;
- Not suited for small nightstands – The Saturn LE-25 measures 350 x 250 x 280 mm, making it difficult to hide it in small nightstands;
- Key lock – The lock is difficult to break opened using raw force; however, it can be unlocked using a basic lock-picking kit;
Who is it for?
The Saturn LE-25 is great for those who need a lot of storage space and don’t want to spend a lot of money on high-tech electric lock models that only work for as long as they have power. This is a traditional safe that is built to last and extremely safe, even when on fire.
2. Billconch Biometric Gun Safe – A smart biometric safe that will fit in any drawer and comes with its own app
When it comes to smart gun safes, there is not a lot that this Billconch model cannot do. The biometric safe can be unlocked using your fingerprint, a security code, a key, or an app that you can install on both IOS and Android smartphones. Furthermore, the included battery shows a wide variety of data transmitted from the same, including notifications if it is unlocked.
Upon opening the safe, the top lid will pop up, thanks to a steel spring that is built into the device. It is also important to mention that the device can be set to produce noise when it is opened, or to be silent, depending on your requirements.
- Smart safe – The device can be unlocked using a key, a security code, an app, or the biometric sensor, depending on your needs;
- Free app – The app allows you to unlock the safe but also displays the battery levels and can send notifications if someone other than your attempt to open it;
- Small – The safe measures only 263,6 x 177 x 50 mm;
- Great app – Having the ability to unlock the safe using a fingerprint or the app is great for families because any of the adult members will be able to get to the contents without having to worry about having the key or code;
- Unlock history – The app records the exact moments when the safe has been unlocked or when an attempt to open it has been made, which is useful if you do not trust someone in your home;
- Fits in a drawer – The safe is small enough to fit in a regular drawer, with room to spare;
- Limited storage space – The safe is small and will only fit a pistol, and a few other small objects;
Who is it for?
This one is great if you need a high-tech safe that you can keep an eye on regardless of where you are. The model gives you four different options when it comes to unlocking it, and the ability to have all data displayed on the app is great if you’re away from home. However, the safe does not offer a lot of storage space. It is large enough for a piston and a few other small objects, but that’s about it.
3. Master Lock MLD08EB Biometric Safe – A spacious safe that can hold a firearm, a phone, cash, and many other items
The LMD08EB is an electronic safe that offers almost as much storage space as a traditional cabinet one. From firearms to smartphones, cards, jewelry, and cash, it can store anything that you need to keep safe. Without the included organizer tray, the safe offers an internal space of 5,6 cm x 24,6 cm x 17 cm, which is more than enough for a wide variety of objects.
In terms of security, the model can be opened using a code, a fingerprint sensor, or an override key. Furthermore, the product includes a kit that will allow you to bolt it down to your nightstand.
- Small – The safe measures 8,1 cm x 30,7 cm x 25,1 cm, which is ideal for a nightstand or a regular drawer;
- Hidden hinges – The hinges of the safe are hidden on the inside, making it virtually impossible to break open;
- 3 Access modes – The safe can be unlocked using the biometric sensor, a security code, or one of the two included override keys;
- Bolt-down kit – The model comes with a kit that enables the owner to mount it on any wall or piece of furniture;
- Offers a lot of room – The safe can store one firearm, one or two smartphones, a spare magazine, and jewelry;
- Hydraulic hinges – The hidden hydraulic hinges are as durable as they come. Furthermore, the fact that they are hidden means that they cannot be broken in order to open the box;
- A snug fit – The safe is about as large as the interior of a regular drawer, so there won’t be any room to store anything else inside it. You will have to sacrifice the use of one of your nightstand drawers to use this safe;
Who is it for?
The MLD08EB is great if you want an electronic lock safe but do not want to give up the space that a regular, mechanical one offers. You can store a wide variety of objects in this one, and it is fairly easy to bolt it to the bottom of a drawer.