When it comes to thank you cards, those who are known to send them are mostly women. Men rarely send thank you cards. However, the trend is changing, and men are embracing thank you card etiquette. They see the need to send them and not delegate the work to others. Thank you cards without a personal note from the sender are not well received. They do not have the warmth associated with thank you notes.
Most men do not know anything when it comes to thank you cards. This task is mostly left for ladies. However, even men can send custom thank you cards. Like most men, you might be saying you will get to it, and you find yourself postponing it. You must be wondering who you will send the card to and how to go about it. Do not worry. You can have all the information you need concerning thank you cards in this article.
When to send wedding thank you cards
Weddings are big events where people take their time to come and celebrate with you. There are several instances when you can send a wedding thank you card. They include the following:
- You can send a thank you card to your best man after your wedding. You will want to thank him for throwing you a bachelor party and also for handing things to make your big day smoothly.
You can also say thank you to your groomsmen for the support they gave you.
- You can send a thank you note to wedding guests and also to those who sent gifts to you.
- You can also send a thank you card to those who provided various services to make your day a success.
- If you feel very grateful, you can thank your wife for marrying you. The wedding would not have taken place if she had not married you.
What to remember when sending thank you cards
Sending thank you cards comes with its own etiquette. The message should speak to the recipient and connect to them personally. If you want to write thank you cards, here are some important points to remember.
- Do not compound the messages. You need to write a message that is specific to the recipient. The more specific the message is, the more the recipient will feel appreciated.
- You might want to avoid handwritten notes by sending emails. As tempting as it is, do not send emails. If you do, you will still need to follow up with personalized written notes. Why give yourself more work.
- You will want to keep your message short and direct. One or two lines is enough.
How to make your work easier
It is after your occasion, and you have been given the task of writing and sending the thank you cards. While it might seem like a tedious task, there are things you can do to make your work easier. If you have the responsibility of writing thank you cards, here are some tips to make the task easier, faster, and more enjoyable.
- When planning your wedding, you can also order thank you cards with the wedding invitation cards. This will ensure you do not run out of cards. To be on the safe side, you can order 25% more cards.
- You can have a customized theme on the cards. If you are sending the thank you notes after your wedding, you can have a picture of you and your bride on the card.
- You can enlist the help of your bridal team and groomsmen to write the cards. However, make sure you and your bride sign them, so they do not look generic.
- You need to send the cards to the right addresses. Where do you get them? You can use the address capturing service and use the addresses you sent the invitations to. That way, you can send the thank you cards to the right recipients.
Other instances when you are expected to send thank you cards
Other than weddings, there are other instances when you are expected to send thank you notes. Most people only say thank you when people give them gifts. However, there are other common occurrences that need to be noticed. Most of these times are often overlooked, but a little courtesy can go a long way. Which instances are we talking about?
After job interviews
Whether you got the job or not, you should send a thank you note to your interviewers. You might not have gotten the job, but they took their time to interview you and give you a shot. They would have easily put your resume away, but they made time for you. It would help if you showed your gratitude with a simple thank you.
When someone writes you a letter of recommendation
They did not have to give you a recommendation, but they did. The least you can do is thank you for giving a positive review about you that will increase your chances of passing an interview.
If someone hosts you
You have spent one or several nights at your friend’s place. No matter how close you are, you should never take it for granted. They could have easily put you out but instead opened their home to you. When it is time to leave, you can say thank you for being hosted. Not everyone enjoys having people over, and guys take their personal space very seriously.
When someone does a favor for you
When someone does something nice for you, even without you asking for it, they deserve your gratitude. It could be as simple as covering for you or helping you fix a car or giving you a ride. Whatever it is, big or small, you need to say thank you.
Sending thank you could seem like a tedious task, but it is simple. A little courtesy goes a long way. As much as guys do not like sending thank you notes, they should practice it and eventually will get the hang of it.