Geese are large heavy-bodied water birds with significant size and build that can be classified between large ducks and swans. As innocent and loving as these waterfowls can be, they can constitute a nuisance and become aggressive towards pets and humans. That’s not all; they also tear up your grass or leave faeces on your lawn, making it a total mess. Some people really have a hard time keeping geese off their property. However, this problem can be solved with a geese repellent. “But won’t this repellent harm these awesome creatures?” Not at all. What makes geese repellents safe to use is the fact that they are eco-friendly. In order words, using this product will keep geese away from your environment without harming them.
Understanding Why You Have Geese On Your Property
Before using a repellant, you need to know why your property is infested with geese, to begin with. Just so you know, geese don’t just stumble on your property – they are there for a reason. It is important to point out that these creatures are not scared of human interaction. One major reason you may find geese on your property is that there is a food source around. It could be that your bin is not properly covered and you have food lying around. This would, obviously, bring them around. Other reasons include the following:
- Having large bodies of water on your property can attract them as well. Geese are often found around large pools of water where they can drink, mate, defecate and perform other activities.
- If your property exists on a large, flat area of land, then be rest assured you may constantly encounter geese. They find such areas ideal to raise their young.
- Another factor that makes them come around is if they are fed, probably by your kids, friends, or other people.
These are the reasons, you may constantly have these water birds on your yard. They are not terrible creatures. However, their faeces can cause health-related issues, besides the fact that they leave your property messy.
Getting Rid Of Geese On Your Property
You can effectively remove geese from your property by identifying their source of entry, which we have discussed above. It is worth mentioning that cutting the supply of food is ineffective – most of them feed on grass. Nevertheless, here are some ways you can get them off your property.
- Access to water should be restricted by setting up barriers around large pools of water on your property.
- Create mobile decoys that will these creatures far from your property. An example is the use of scarecrows.
- Tall shrubbery is one way to keep geese from dwelling on your property as their line of sight is blocked.
- Finally, using one of the best geese repellents in the market can protect your environment from the invasion of geese.
Benefits Of Geese Repellent
1. It Saves You Time And Money:
One of the advantages of using geese repellent on your property is that you don’t have to spend much time or money cleaning geese faeces. Furthermore, your grass remains intact, saving you the cost of repair. By the way, geese repellents are not expensive to purchase.
2. It Improves The Look Of Your Property:
No one loves to dwell on a property infested by geese faeces. Aside from the fact that it’s an eyesore, it is unhealthy for inhabitation. Hence, to effectively get rid of geese and their waste products, you need geese repellent.
3. It Helps Safeguard Your Health:
The last thing you want is falling sick from contacting the waste products of geese. Not only would that cost you money in treatment, but your life may also be in serious danger. To avoid this problem, it is advised that you use a geese repellent.
It is high time you stopped these party-poopers from invading your property. Keep yourself, family and pets safe and healthy by getting an effective geese repellent.