Another glass that looks great and adds a touch of class to your bar cart and table is the Norlan glass. They’re made of crystal and look like old-fashioned wine glasses, but they’re designed for whiskey.
They also come in a variety of colors, which you can keep on display in your home bar or use to add an extra touch to other drinks set out for guests. They’re perfect if you want something that has a traditional look but doesn’t hold too much liquid or provide too much headspace.
Where to use them: For whiskey cocktails, like the old-fashioned or whiskey sour, you’ll want to use a Norlan glass. They’re also great for drinks like Irish coffee or Manhattan that need shaking. Just make sure the headspace is suitable.
Why they’re awesome: The small amount of headspace allows you to slowly sip your drink without spilling over the edge. At the same time, it doesn’t give too much room for dilution either. If you like drinking whiskey in small amounts at a time, then this is the glass for you.
- Tip #1: If you want to present your whiskey in the ways mentioned above, then be sure to use a glass that’s made of crystal. It looks classy, yet it doesn’t hold too much whiskey or dilute the whiskey too much.
- Tip #2: If you’re at home and need something that works for something other than whiskey, then use a clear or clear/white glass to give your drink a little extra color. This will also help you keep track of how much liquor you’ve poured into each drink.
The Norlan glass is a classic way to serve whiskey and it’s the perfect glassware for any home bar. The crystal design lets you slowly sip your whiskey without spilling over the edge. It’s a great addition to any bar cart or tabletop.
If you like to experiment with your whiskey, then you’ll want to start using a Glencairn glass. It’s the official glassware for Loch Lomand whiskey and was designed by Glencairn Crystal who wanted to improve their tasting glasses.
The design is a classic way of serving whiskey and it’s perfect if you want something that holds a lot of liquor or if you’re going to be drinking a lot at the same time. They’re not the most elegant glasses, but they do have a lot of benefits.
Where to use them: If you want to present your whiskey in a new way, then a Glencairn glass is the best option. Not only does it hold a lot, but it also looks great in any setting you place it in. It’s perfect for drinking and serving Scotch and blends alike.
Why they’re awesome: If you like to be able to sip your whiskey for a long time, then this is the glass for you. The wide bowl gives you plenty of room to breathe and it’s easy to hold with both hands. It’s also great if you want something that looks stylish.
- Tip #1: Don’t let the large bowl deter you from using these glasses. If you want the extra space, then go ahead and use it in place of ice in your whiskey cocktail. Only fill the glass 1/4 of the way, so you have plenty of room to see your drink and taste it.
- Tip #2: If you want to add a touch of class to your bar cart, then let them do the tasting for you. Use them when entertaining guests and they’ll think you’re a pro at whiskey making when you go out of your way to serve in these glasses.
The Glencairn glass is a classic way to serve whiskey and it’s perfect for any home bar. Not only does it look great, but it keeps your drink cold and makes pouring whiskey a breeze.
My final recommendation for good whiskey glasses is the rocks glass. I love the look and feel of this kind of glass. They remind me of a classic wine glass, but they’re designed to hold liquor and whiskey like a highball or cocktail glass.
You can get these glasses in different colors and then get creative with how you place them on display in your home bar or on your table at any party. They’re also great for making cocktails, like the old-fashioned whiskey-making or Manhattan, which need shaking before serving.
Where to use them: For whiskey cocktails, like the old-fashioned or Manhattan, you should use a rocks glass. Plus they’re great for special occasions, especially if you have guests over.
Why they’re awesome: The slight curve lets you slowly sip your drink without losing any of its flavor or aroma. Plus the highball glass shape is ideal for whiskey cocktails because it reduces dilution and encourages headspace. If you want to make sure every last drop is enjoyed, then the rocks glass is great for making whiskey drinks.
- Tip #1: If you like whiskey on the rocks, then make sure you use a rocks glass. However, be mindful of how much ice you put in each glass. Too much ice can cause your drink to dilute sooner than expected, which means you’ll have to drink quickly without getting the full effect of the whiskey’s flavor.
- Tip #2: If you plan on making cocktails that require shaking, then grab a few rocks glasses and set them out with some cocktail mixers for your guests. This way, if they make a cocktail mistake, they can help clean it up.
The rocks glass is a good glass for any home bar and adds a touch of class to your collection of barware. They look great on display and provide a large amount of headspace for the drinker to enjoy every last drop.