Creamy, Rummy Ricotta Ice Cream Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
This recipe from Food52 for Fresh Ricotta Ice Cream caught our eye. Maybe it’s a little more gelato than ice cream, but we’re perfectly fine with that. One reviewer says the ingredient list calls to mind the flavors of cannoli, and the ice cream didn’t disappoint.
“The ricotta taste really came through, while the addition of the heavy cream made it smooth and rich. I really enjoyed the hint of lemon — it was just enough. It was also super easy putting all of the ingredients together. I give it 3 thumbs up: 1 for me, 1 for my husband and 1 for my son!”
At this point, you’re probably already sold, but we should mention this recipe requires no cooking, though it would work best if you had an ice cream maker. And it includes ricotta, cream cheese, dark rum and heavy cream, which sounds heavenly all on its own. If you can wait long enough for it to freeze.
Heck, we’ll be tempted to take a few swigs of the mix before it goes in the ice cream maker.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00