A Quick Guide to Bourbon Accessories Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Whiskey stones are small cubes made of solid soapstone that are traditionally used to chill liquor. Just freeze for about 4 hours and add to your glass. Soapstone retains cold temperature longer than ice, and also doesn’t melt to dilute your bourbon. Soapstone is also preferred to other stones because it is still soft enough to not scratch your glasses.
Using one large, slow melting ice sphere helps to diminish the diluting effects of traditional ice cubes. The Ice Balls are typically made using a silicone sphere mold that will not break, and create a perfectly smooth sphere. For best results, use distilled water or Limestone water.
When bourbon is distilled, that special Kentucky limestone water has no iron, which can add bitterness to your beloved bourbon. It’s rich in calcium and magnesium and filtered through limestone via Mother Nature. A splash of limestone filtered water “opens up the bourbon releasing its entire spectrum of flavor and aroma nuances. The alcohol burns is diminished as a smooth, rich taste emerges, enhanced, never diluted.”
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 45.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00