Classic Southern Artists Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Walter Inglis Anderson (1903-1965) New Orleans, LA
Walter Anderson’s block prints, watercolors, and ceramics have become iconic representations of the Gulf Coast and an integral part of the Arts and Crafts and American Contemporary Art movements.
Jasper Johns (1930 - ) Augusta, GA
Pop Artist Jasper Johns’ subject matter usually includes images and objects from popular culture, oftentimes infused with ironies and/or contradictions.
Romare Bearden (1911-1988) Charlotte, NC
Modernist African American artist Romare Bearden’s work depicts the African American life of his time in collages, cartoons, and oils.
Sources "Looking for Clementine Hunter's Louisiana", New York Times, 16 June 2013
Photos from www.jasper-johns.org, www.louisianafolklife.org, www.lsumoa.org, www.beardenfoundation.org
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00