Classic Southern Artists Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Walter Inglis Anderson (1903-1965) New Orleans, LA
Walter Anderson’s block prints, watercolors, and ceramics have become iconic representations of the Gulf Coast and an integral part of the Arts and Crafts and American Contemporary Art movements.
Jasper Johns (1930 - ) Augusta, GA
Pop Artist Jasper Johns’ subject matter usually includes images and objects from popular culture, oftentimes infused with ironies and/or contradictions.
Romare Bearden (1911-1988) Charlotte, NC
Modernist African American artist Romare Bearden’s work depicts the African American life of his time in collages, cartoons, and oils.
Sources "Looking for Clementine Hunter's Louisiana", New York Times, 16 June 2013
Photos from www.jasper-johns.org, www.louisianafolklife.org, www.lsumoa.org, www.beardenfoundation.org
Shopping Bourbon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 42.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00