Eat Like Treme: The Cookbook Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Normally this kind of television-based marketing would have us rolling our eyes, but New Orleans cooking is no joke. It’s got as much soul as the city itself, and this cookbook, inspired by HBO’s popular show Treme, looks like a winner.
Eater.com, got a sneak peek at the book and had this to say about it, “Unlike other HBO cookbooks (cough, True Blood), this book goes out of its way to prove its culinary worth with recipes from New Orleans locals (Emeril Lagasse, Jacqueline Blanchard, Aaron Burgau, Susan Spicer, Alon Shaya, Donald Link) as well as chefs that appeared on the show (David Chang, Eric Ripert). Exactly like other HBO cookbooks (cough, True Blood), the book contains weird first-person narratives from the characters, especially chef Janette Desautel. And despite the textured pages (with things like stains) seemingly every cookbook gets these days, Treme rises above the standard fanboy/girl cookbook by being an actually useful text on Cajun and Creole cuisine.”
From the preview posted on Eater, it looks like gorgeous photos and recipes for cocktails, beignets, gumbo, collard greens and grits and anything else you might expect from a Big Easy-based book. It’ll be released on July 24 and can be pre-ordered through Amazon. It’s got a forward by Anthony Bourdain, and let’s be honest, everyone loves that guy.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00