Getting Your Home Ready for Fall Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
As we say goodbye to the sweltering heat of summer and hello to the crisp air of Fall, here are a few ideas on how to bring the beauty of the season indoors to decorate your home.
• Using a reclaimed wood or vintage tray, create a portable work of art with miniature white or orange pumpkins, acorns, beautiful fallen leaves, and different stones. You can even add a plaid napkin for texture and color. Your tray can be moved around from the table to the mantle to the bathroom vanity.
• If you’re feeling creative, gather small branches and sticks from your yard or the park, and spray paint white. Then place small river rocks in a vase (yellow or orange work great) and arrange the sticks. For an inspirational touch, hang small leaf-shaped tags and write Autumnal words on the back of them.
• Vibrant oranges, cool yellows, and rustic red candles, placemats, napkin holders, and plates add a touch of Autumn to your table.
What are some of your favorite ways to decorate for Fall?
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00