Handwritten Notes Never Go Out of Style Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
In the South, we love to be social. It's part of our heritage and culture. You know, waving at the driver in the car when you pass and speaking to a total stranger in the grocery store parking lot. Another tradition still alive and well in the South is handwritten thank you notes. Thank you notes never go out of style and express a personal touch that you took the time and effort to express your gratitude. There is something about a handwritten note that expresses a sincerity that just can't be emoted through a quick email or a text message. Since we are all tethered to our mobile devices it's certainly more convenient to shoot out a quick "thanks" text, but that 's the whole point, its convenient for you, not taking a level of effort on your part to slow down and genuinely gather your thoughts to show the person you cared enough to invest some of your time in them. You may not like the hassle of sending them, but you know how good it feels to receive them. It's always a joy to see that handwritten note in the mail box. Why not slow down a bit truly and truly express your feelings with a hand written note. It is sure to convey your sincerity and will brighten their day. We've put together some suggestions to ensure your efforts are as genuine and charming as an be. We hope you enjoy, use this tips, and share with your friends.
- Buy stationery. Embossed cards with complementary envelopes look much better than folded notebook paper stuffed in a plain envelope. You don't have to splurge on embossed or monogrammed stationery from a specialty store. You can find decent sets at office supply stores and online.
- Personalize it. Not just in the personalized stationery, but in what you actually say. If you’re going to see the person in the future, refer to the event and say you’re looking forward to it. If the person gave you a silver picture frame, don’t simply thank them for it, but add, “I plan on using the frame for a wedding picture in my living room.”
- Even if it’s late, send a note. Don’t feel embarrassed. It’s better to send a late thank you than none at all.
- Take your time. An illegible note won’t do much good and neither will one with scratch marks all over it. Use a nice, fine point pen, so the ink won’t bleed or smudge. Traditionally, thank you notes are written in cursive. Sometimes this can look like a mess if your cursive is not up-to-par, so use your best judgment and do what you think looks best.
- Send thanks for trivial things. Why not? Whether it’s for a casual get-together or for a neighbor who collected your mail and watered your plants while you were gone, a hand-written note is the best way to show your appreciation. It may also ensure that you’ll get the invite or extra help in the future.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 49.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 269.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00