Ice Creamed Corn — A Sweet Idea Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Everyone — from your 82-year-old grandma to your 4-year-old son — knows the perfection that is cream and corn. It’s a sweet tradition and a worthy side dish to nearly any Southern feast. But what about dessert? Have you ever considered turning that corn into ice cream? The author of this post mentions a dessert of sweet corn pot de creme topped with fresh strawberries. Mmmm. We’d kind of like to see that recipe, too.
Until then, this Sweet Corn and Black Pepper Ice Cream recipe over at Food52 will have to do. Here’s what they have to say about it.
Sweet corn ice cream isn’t anything too new, but the addition of black pepper to this creamy, custard-based ice cream makes it something special. The peppery bite makes it interesting for adventurous types such as myself, and the warm, earthy sweetness of the corn keeps it classically delicious enough for people with vanilla leanings.
We know what we’re doing this weekend.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 220.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00