Southern Paranormal Activity-The Crying Woman Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
Stranger Things: Louisiana
The Crying Woman
Grady Hill, Louisiana
Dozens of stories, some hundreds of years old, tell of a woman who was betrayed by her husband or boyfriend when he killed her child. She is then cursed for eternity to wander as a ghost, her crying never ending. Sightings of a mysterious crying woman have happened all over the world, and one such place is in Louisiana, in an abandoned town between Many and Zwolle, where local legends tie her to tragedies that damned her to search, forever crying for her lost children.
Some say that her boyfriend drowned her children in nearby Loring Lake. Others say that her children were murdered and tossed under one of the many bridges across the lake. Some have seen her figure in the distance, others have heard crying and strange noises. One thing’s for sure; they all say that a woman haunts this area, wandering through the woods, sobbing and screaming with grief.
Grady Hill, Louisiana is located south of Shreveport, Louisiana near the Sabine National Forest. It is between Many and Zwolle, LA. If you are in a ghost hunting mood, head down to Grady Hill on a full moon. They say she is the most vocal then.
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00