We're Going Nuts for Pecans! Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
I don’t know about you, but as soon as the weather turns the slightest bit cooler, my mind turns to pecans. Whether it’s sweet or savory, desserts and dishes with pecans are hard to beat. One of our new family favorites is Salted Caramel Pecan Pie.
Salted Caramel Pecan Pie
1 deep-dish frozen piecrust
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon flaky sea salt, plus more for garnish
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the piecrust on a baking sheet, prick with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt to a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir while the mixture melts. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool. Whisk in the eggs and the pecans. Add to the pie shell on the baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 49.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 269.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00