We're Going Nuts for Pecans! Posted by: Hedi Hemenway | 0 Comments
I don’t know about you, but as soon as the weather turns the slightest bit cooler, my mind turns to pecans. Whether it’s sweet or savory, desserts and dishes with pecans are hard to beat. One of our new family favorites is Salted Caramel Pecan Pie.
Salted Caramel Pecan Pie
1 deep-dish frozen piecrust
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon flaky sea salt, plus more for garnish
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the piecrust on a baking sheet, prick with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt to a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir while the mixture melts. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool. Whisk in the eggs and the pecans. Add to the pie shell on the baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Jamie Deen
By Paula Martin
Paula Martin was born and raised in Arkansas and received her MFA in Creative Writing at the University of New Orleans. She is a writer, teacher, mom, barefoot trail runner, martial artist, and free-thinker always packed and ready for the next adventure.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00