“Jolene” Like You’ve Never Heard it Before Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Here at Bourbon and Boots, we can’t even hide our love for Dolly Parton.
She helped us through childhood.
She easily made our list of the best Southern singers in skirts.
Probably one of D. Parton’s most iconic songs would have to be “Jolene.” And it’s been covered by the White Stripes, but a version of the song catching fire on the internet right now is by Ms. Parton herself. It’s the original slowed down 25 percent, and … it’s somewhat disconcerting. Dolly’s voice is a few octaves lower, and maybe more haunting. But we’ll let you decide.
Click here to hear the new version.
On a related note, turns out if you speed up Bruce Springsteen, he sounds like Dolly Parton. Now THAT, my friends, is uncanny.
- Cowhide Crossbody Bag, Black & White with Deep Red Leather - Medium $ 89.00
- Cowhide Rugs - Real Authentic Oversized Genuine Leather Hide $ 189.00
- Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Top Lazy Susan $ 109.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 89.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00