Paula Deen’s Deposition Debacle Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Any Paula Deen story that starts with “the butter has hit the pan” is all right by us. It really hit the pan a few days ago when Deen’s quote using the n-word went viral. It came out as part of a court deposition, along with a romanticized vision of slavery that hit a nerve with the internet. It was posted over and over again.
But over at NPR, they set aside their shock for a moment and read the entire transcript from the deposition. What they found was revealing and hilarious. It’s a a great article that everyone should read, with important informational nuggets like this one:
“Paula has meetings in the bathroom, just like President Lyndon B. Johnson!
Q. And … where was that meeting?
A. It was probably in my bathroom. … My bathroom is off of my bedroom and there’s a sofa and two chairs, and it’s a bathroom/den combination.”
Seriously, y’all, this story is riveting, and — love or hate her — if you read it, especially if you read between the lines, you’ll learn more about Paula Deen than you ever thought possible.
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 23.00
- Ladies Soft Pastel Striped Canvas Tote Bag $ 59.00
- Front Pocket Double Sleeve American Leather Wallet $ 30.00
- Authentic Reclaimed Napa Valley Wine Barrel Dog Feeder $ 150.00
- "Southerner" Engraved Distressed Wood Cookbook Stand $ 69.00
- Elegant Cross & Heart Faith Necklace $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00