Pop Culture: Caramel Corn Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Do we really need to sell you on caramel corn? No of course not.
It’s a perennial favorite but it’s especially prevalent this time of year — from summer snacking to fall’s state fairs to those Christmas tins with the holy trinity of butter, cheddar and caramel.
Food52 has a recipe for making your own caramel corn in 5 steps, which we realize is four more steps and two more appliances than regular microwave popcorn, but it looks worth the time and effort.
The recipe has some interesting ideas for adding spices like cayenne, cumin or curry for amping up the flavor as well as stirring fruit or nuts into the caramel. The combinations are endless. Do you think chocolate and pecans would work? Or maybe we’ll skip the popcorn and dip the entirety of our dinner in that gorgeous caramel sauce. That could be fun.
Whatever you decide to do, we’re fairly certain this recipe will take movie night up a notch.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 49.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 159.00
- Authentic Handcrafted Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 269.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00