Pop Culture: Caramel Corn Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
Do we really need to sell you on caramel corn?
It’s a perennial favorite but it’s especially prevalent this time of year — from summer snacking to fall’s state fairs to those Christmas tins with the holy trinity of butter, cheddar and caramel.
Food52 has a recipe for making your own caramel corn in 5 steps, which we realize is four more steps and two more appliances than regular microwave popcorn, but it looks worth the time and effort.
The recipe has some interesting ideas for adding spices like cayenne, cumin or curry for amping up the flavor as well as stirring fruit or nuts into the caramel. The combinations are endless. Do you think chocolate and pecans would work? Or maybe we’ll skip the popcorn and dip the entirety of our dinner in that gorgeous caramel sauce. That could be fun.
Whatever you decide to do, we’re fairly certain this recipe will take movie night up a notch.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00