Southernisms: Bless Your Heart Posted by: Aaron Stearns | 0 Comments
Southernisms. If you’re from the South they roll off of your tongue like butter; if you’re not from around here, well you probably need a decoder, and a lot of explanations. Of all the southernisms, perhaps none is as famous, and at times as dreaded, as those three little words: “Bless Your Heart.”
While we’re uncertain where the term originated from, we feel confident that originally it was a sweet saying. Today though, those three words hold lots of meanings. It all depends who is saying it, how they’re saying it, who they’re saying it to.
Southern women are masters of speaking whole paragraphs with just a few words. Ever had a really bad day? Bless Your Heart. Ever done anything really stupid? Bless Your Heart. Ever been furious with someone, but remember Momma said not to act ugly? Bless Their Heart. The term is perfect for every situation; it’s sugar and spice and yet always seems nice. It’s what Southern women are made of.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 45.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 109.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00