The Hot Dog as a Blank Canvas Posted by: Dan | 0 Comments
We know you’ll spend some time over a grill this Fourth of July, and the hot dogs will probably be an afterthought for the kids. You’ll have ketchup and mustard on hand, and if those kids are lucky, some relish and mayo. But what if you elevated those hot dogs to something far more elegant, something that’ll have the adult-sized patriots in your group salivating?
The photos from this Garden and Gun spread with three recipes for Dixe-inspired dogs had us wanting more. Hot dogs with fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese? Yes, please.
It made us wonder if the hot dog is possibly a blank canvas onto which you could paint anything. Unless you’re a vegetarian, the possibilities are endless. How do you feel about barbecue sauce and slaw? Pepper jelly and cream cheese? Shrimp etouffee? Chicken and dumpings? Peach cobbler?
Allright, maybe we took it too far with the cobbler, but what Southern dishes would you like on your hot dog? Tell us in the comments.
- Authentic Oversized Tan & White Cowhide Rugs $ 187.00
- Etched World Globe Whiskey Decanter $ 49.00
- Oversized Plaid Blanket Scarves $ 21.00
- Authentic Black & White Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 199.00
- Handcrafted Mini Bourbon Barrel Bluetooth Speaker $ 299.00
- Beer Legends Pub Pint Glass Set $ 39.00
- Vintage Sweet Tea Metal Sign $ 96.00