The South’s Strangest Drinking Laws Posted by: Rod Ford | 2 Comments
Did you know it’s illegal to chug a beer while standing up in Texas. Stick to sipping or sit down there, chugger. And over in Oklahoma, they’re nice enough to keep certain beers at room temperature. Presumably to keep you from overdoing it on all of those pre-chilled cans. (Dear beer drinker, I can’t trust you. Sincerely, Oklahoma.) Over in Alabama, they won’t tolerate “immodest or sensuous” images on their wine bottles. How does one apply for the Prude Patrol wine-bottle inspector position, Alabama? I’d be perfect for that job.
Outside of the South, Ohio has made it illegal to serve alcohol to fish … because that’s a problem. And Colorado has legislated drinking on horseback. This is to protect the horses, more than anything, y’all. They’re out there crashing into each other because of these irresponsible … riders. But texting while on horseback is fine. Oh, and Massachusetts has no happy hours. (Not even at Sonic!?!)
Has anyone ever been arrested for this stuff? We’re thinking no. But it’s still fun to read through these laws and wonder why they exist.
Shopping Boubon & Boots Online Gift Store:
Our Southern Lifestyle Brand is your online gift store for made in the south personalized gifts, gift ideas for men, and gift ideas for women. Our southern gifts inventory of unique gifts and unusual gifts ensure a rare & unique selection of personal gifts sure to delight you and your recipient. Visit our Southern Gifts store at www.bourbonandboots.com
- Whiskey Lovers Engraved Personalized Whiskey Glasses $ 19.00
- Authentic Large (6' x 7') Cowhide Rug $ 198.00
- Reclaimed Barrel Top Wooden Lazy Susan $ 139.00
- Authentic Brown Brindle Cowhide Leather Overnight Duffle Bag $ 229.00
- Handmade Bourbon Barrel Wood Serving Tray With Rustic Iron Handles $ 149.00
- Silver Cross & Gold Cross Heart Christian Necklaces $ 39.00
- Waxed Canvas Shoulder Bag w/ Leather Strap $ 49.00